Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Yoga...

If you know me well at all you know that for the last 2 1/2 years yoga has been a tremendous part of my life. It has helped heal my back and keep me sane. When we moved here I was very worried that I was not going to find a yoga studio where I felt at home. I love my yoga studio in Folsom, Zuda yoga. Finding a studio fairly close to home is just about as important to me as finding the right church.

I tried out the studio that is only a minute up the street from our new house. I got an unlimited monthly membership because it is so close. However, I was starting to get a little down because I wasn't feeling very challenged. It's not a heated studio and it's not really power yoga, like I'm used to. It's more of the kind of yoga that most people think about when they visualize yoga. It's very gentle, with a lot of stretching and quiet music. I like true power yoga because it definitely is an aerobic exercise. It will be nice to go to the one up the street when I'm tired after work and don't want to drive very far, but I was feeling like I needed to keep looking.

This week I found my new yoga home in Berkeley! CorePower Yoga is almost exactly like Zuda. I may even go as far as to say that it could be better! I've done 2 classes there so far and have been thoroughly challenged. The rooms are hotter than at Zuda, anywhere from 95-100 degrees. I took a YogaSculpt class the other day where weights are used while practicing. It was very challenging. Tomorrow I'm going to try a spin + yoga class! They even have discounts for teachers. I haven't decided whether I'll get an unlimited monthly membership there to or whether I'll just buy blocks of classes. But I have decided that CorePower Yoga ROCKS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment