Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas Vacay...

One of the may great things about being a teacher is having 2 weeks off at Christmas time. I always look forward to these 2 weeks. This Christmas vacation wasn't quite what I expected because I ended up spending almost all of my 2weekoff sick! But I did manage to do a few fun things before and after getting sick.

I started off my vacation by picking up my oldest friend from the airport. We have been friends for 20 years and even though it's been almost 3 years since we've seen each other we can always pick right up where we left off. She needed a break from life for a few days, so we spent 3 days having fun in SF and Berkeley.
After she left I was extremely sick until Christmas. I only got up off of the couch in order to go get ready for all of the Christmas activities.

2 days after Christmas Layton and I drove to Yosemite where we rented a cabin for 3 nights. I had never been before so it was so much fun to see the beauty of one of our National Parks. We did a 9 mile hike on the first day where we hiked up to North Dome. The 2nd day we did a 6. 5 mile hike through Mariposa Grove, which is a huge grove of massive, old Sequoia trees.
All in all it was a good Christmas vacation. I got lots of rest and I think I'm ready to go back to work tomorrow. I know I'm ready for the exciting things that 2012 has in store for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment