Friday, January 28, 2011

Body image...

It seems like everywhere I look I see beautiful women stressing and obsessing about their body image. Women everywhere are skimping on calories, crazily exercising, and pretty much starving themselves just to lose that extra pound for some big event.

My husband told me the other night that I can't really speak to this issue and that people will not want to listen me because I'm on the "petite side." But there are things about my body that I don't like either. I think every women in some way or another deals with body image issues.

I don't see why we can't all be happy with the way we are as long as we are healthy. Our world crams it down our throats that we all have to be the perfect size 2 with perfectly toned arms and abs. It would be so boring if all women looked the same.

So what if you have a little extra tummy now that you've had a baby. So what if the back of your arms is a little flabby. So what if you have love handles.

Are you taking care of yourself and eating a balanced diet? Are you exercising for the health benefits that it provides you?

"God created our bodies to house our souls and spirits, not to be on the cover of a magazine!" ~ My yoga teacher

This is so very true. We were created by a God with an amazing imagination. Be happy with how God created your body and take care of it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment