Thursday, June 21, 2012

Weeks 21-25






Yet again I am extremely behind in my blogging.  Hopefully now that it is summer I will get back on the blogging once a week thing.  Let's see if I can catch up on the last month of pregnancy.  

We found out you were a boy and we are extremely happy about that.  We've started working on your nursery.  Grandma and Grandpa Wedgeworth came over one weekend and painted your room for me.  I have your dresser/changing table painted and I'm working on some custom art pieces for your walls.  I've also ordered a rug and curtains and your Gabby is going to start making your bedding soon.  Your Aunt Hannah is also working on a few things that she's making for your room.  Daddy and I are going to pick out a crib and stroller for you this weekend.  Everything is really starting to come together.  We are also going to register for the shower that your Aunt Miranda and Hannah are planning.  

I've gained about 10 lbs so far and have been told by one doctor that I'm underweight.  We'll see what my main doctor says when I go in next week.  I've been craving blueberry bagels and strawberries lately.  I even sent your daddy to the store the other night at 10PM to get them for me.  People are starting to ask me when I'm due, so I guess I must really look pregnant now.  

Over the last few weeks we've had some issues.  You sent me to the hospital at 23 weeks with contractions.  They were about 45-60 seconds long and about 10 minutes apart and my doctor wanted me to get checked out.  After about 2 hours of monitoring, they did an ultrasound to check my cervix and then gave me a shot of medicine to stop the contractions.  Thankfully the medicine worked.  I've just been told that I need to take it easier than I have been since not only am I carrying you, but I am also carrying 5 uterine fibroid tumors.  Speaking of my tumors...I will now be getting an ultrasound every 4 weeks to check on my tumors until you're born.  I had one yesterday that was so much fun!  It is so great being able to see you every 4 weeks now.  The tech said that you were very handsome with a strong nose and chin...just like your daddy :)  She also said that you are a big boy with very long legs.  I cannot believe that you weight almost 2 lbs now!  Good is that 2 of my fibroid tumors are dying!  This means that they will eventually be gone.  That gets me one step closer to the natural birth that I desperately want to have.  We're just continuing to pray that these damn tumors don't make it necessary for a c-section.  

As soon as we get more of the nursery done I will start putting pictures up of that.  

I can't believe that you're going to be here in less than 15 weeks.  It feels like we still have so much to do to prepare for you.  After seeing you on the screen yesterday I got so anxious to hold you!  I pray for you every day, my little miracle.  

Love, 
Your Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment