Sunday, November 1, 2009

I <3 YOGA!

I was just laying on the couch thinking..."I feel great!" I couldn't say that 3 years ago. 3 years ago this coming Thanksgiving I could barely walk. I was diagnosed with a bulging disc and my body felt like an 80 year olds. Layton had to help me into & out of bed, he had to help me put my pants on and he tied my shoes for me. I was wearing a back brace and pretty much the only thing that helped me get through the day was Vicodin and physical theraphy. Chronic pain SUCKS!! I got depressed and couldn't enjoy life very much.

About 2 years ago I realized that I could not live my life that way forever. I needed to do something to change the way I was feeling. I slowly got back into exercising again. Then I started working with a personal trainer at my gym. I started walking/running almost everyday. Now I've been doing yoga for almost 8 months and I feel fantastic. Yes...I have days where I have some pain in my back, but nothing like the searing and burning pain that used to radiate down my right leg, making my entire foot numb.

I am feeling fabulous today because I got off of my rear and I did something about it!!

Today's blessing: NO PAIN & YOGA!!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Joc! I'm so proud of you! Some people would stay on medicine and let themselves stay depressed, but you didn't! That takes strength! Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete