Monday, November 14, 2011

My Prayer...

Dear Lord,
Why do you have me here? Why do you have me in a place that I really don't want to be? Why do you have me in a place where I feel so out of place? Why do I feel like everything I do each day doesn't matter? Why do I feel so disrespected? Why do I feel so unappreciated? Why do I feel so helpless? Why do I feel like everything I've done over the last 7 years isn't working anymore? Why do I want to give up when I've never really felt like giving up on anything before. Why do I not even want to try my best?

I know the scripture that you don't give us more than we can handle, but why do You feel like I can handle so much when I feel like I cannot? Why are You stretching me? What are You trying to teach me? Why do You want me here for this season of my life?

I don't really know an answer to ANY of these questions...but...I know that you have called me to do this and I know that you will be faithful to complete what you've started in me.

Please give me patience and strength every single day as I go to work. Please give me joy even though I may not want to be there, and please give me love for those children that disrespect and don't appreciate me.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment