In 2 weeks from today I turn the B-I-G 3-0!!! In the past few weeks I have had quite a few confidence boosters at work that are making it not so bad to be turning 30. I've been told twice that I dress like a teenager. I was mistaken for a student twice in the hallways. And then the other day a cafeteria worker asked me if I was supposed to have my cell phone out at school becasue he thought I was a senior. I'm sure when I'm 60 I'll enjoy looking 12 years younger than I am :)
About 5 years back a created a list of 30 things that I wanted to do before I turned 30. After awhile I realized that completing my list in 5 short years woudl require me to be a multi-millionaire, so I changed it to a Bucket List. I chip away at about 1 item per year...looks like I'll be working on it until I'm 60!!
Here's my Bucket List. I'll be able to cross off #30 on April 1st!
1. Get back on a bike - Completed
2. Learn how to play Monopoly without the help of Layton - Completed
3. Learn how to crochet - Completed
4. Finish my scrapbook
5. Acquire a taste for tomatoes - Completed
6. Take a cooking class
7. Read "Great Expectations"
8. Read "Les Miserable"
9. Read the entire Bible
10. Take a photograph I can proudly hang on the wall - Completed
12. Play Blackjack in a casino
13. Take ballroom dancing lessons
14. Take a painting class and paint something good
15. Learn another language and actually use it
16. Visit Alcatraz
17. Hang-glide in San Fransisco
18. Start an herb garden and keep it alive
19. Go sailing
20. Start writing my book
21. Fly first class
22. Experience the beauty of the Grand Canyon - Completed
23. Live in Chicago (Completed), Boston (Completed), Italy, and Ireland
24. Scuba dive
25. Own a brand new red Lexus is250
26. Go back to Ireland and kiss the Blarney Stone
27. Start taking flying lessons
28. Overcome my fear of moths
29. Start my own organizing company, photography business and interior design business
30. Turn 30 gracefully - Will be completed on April 1st