Thursday, March 10, 2011

Why worry? It only wastes time!

God taught me a good lesson today...

A few weeks back I wrote a blog about how I was so worried about losing my health insurance at the end of this school year when I was done with my job. I had worried myself sick about having to switch doctors when I had just recently found a great surgeon that got me through a semi-successful surgery a few months back.

Rewind to last week...the company Layton works for was acquired by another company and he informed me that he would be getting new health insurance. I would no longer by switching to Kaiser, but I would be switching to this PPO. Human resources came to his job today to inform them about all of their new health insurance.

Guess what...it just so happens to be a PPO that isn't grouped with any medical group so I can still stay with my surgeon!!

Why did I worry about something that was totally out of my control? Why did I make myself almost sick for a few days trying to figure this situation out before I even knew what it was going to be for sure. All of that worrying was just a massive waste of time.

"There is only one way to happiness, and that is to cease worrying things which are beyond the power of our will." ~ Seneca

1 comment: