Monday, August 17, 2009

5 years...


Today I started my 5th year of teaching. It is always a bitter-sweet moment to see summer go; knowing the blood, sweat, and tears that are going to come in the next 9 months of work. I usually get a little depressed at the beginning of the school year because I have so enjoyed the relaxing nature of summer.

I've decided this year to have a different outlook on my job starting this
year. I've decided to have joy in everything I do. I've decided to look at the bright side of things. I've decided to enjoy the talent and the gift that God has given me in being a teacher. I've decided to enjoy the little rug rats that He's placed in my care every single day. I've decided to look at my students as a gift from God, young adults that I can actually learned from.

I had a fabulous day today and it was so great to get texts messages/emails/messages from family and friends that care about how my first day of school went, that care about what goes on in my life each day. God has shown me so much over that the last few months that people care about me!

Today's blessing: Getting a huge hug from a former student and seeing a big smile and her face when she saw me. Those are the moments that really remind me why I'm a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment