Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Your daddy...

Dear Emerson,

This is your daddy the day we found out we were having a son.  I think it's pretty safe to say that he was stoked!

I'm sitting here writing this letter to you only 5 days before your due date.  I wanted to take a little bit of time to introduce you to your daddy and tell you a little bit about him.  He is pretty gosh darn amazing and I cannot wait for you to meet him.  I am writing this letter to you in hopes that someday when he really ticks you off or embarrasses you that you can look back on this and realize just how good you have it that God chose to give Layton Jaret Wedgeworth to you as your daddy.

He is smart.  So smart sometimes that it scares me.  I hope you never think that your daddy is dumb. Learn from him.  He is so excited to have a son to teach all of the amazing things that he knows.

He is caring.  In fact, he is one of the most caring men that I know.  He is going to care so much for you and I hope that you learn to care for your wife and children just like he does.

He is not afraid to question.  This characteristic of your daddy's worried me a little bit at first, but now I admire it so much in him.  I hope that you also learn to question and not just take things for face value because it's what you're told.  Be like your daddy and really figure things out.

He is hilarious.  I know you won't always think so, but I pray that you have his sense of humor.  He makes me laugh every day and can use laughter to diffuse a situation.

He is loyal.  When he commits to something or someone he doesn't give up.  He is true to his word and makes sure that he follows through with things.  When you say that you're going to do something, make sure that you do!

He is giving.  He sure has spoiled me over the years and I have a feeling you might be a little spoiled too.  He tries to take care of family to the best of his ability and usually goes above and beyond.

He is adventurous.  I know he is so excited to take you out into the wilderness and instill in you the same love for backpacking that he has.  I know that you two are going to have many amazing adventures together!

He is the hardest worker I know, besides the other Wedgeworth men.  I pray that you get this trait.  Wedgeworth men are hard workers from your Great-Grandpa Wedgeworth on down.  I don't care what it is that you choose to do for a living as long as you love it and you work hard at it.

He wants the best for you.  Even though he hasn't even met you yet, he loves you so much.  He has found it so much fun over the last 9 months to watch my tummy roll and feel you kick.  And he is anxious to meet you.  If you can't already tell, I pretty much think your daddy is the best thing around and my prayer for you is that you will love and adore him just as much as I do.

You are one lucky dude Emerson William Wedgeworth to have Layton Jaret Wedgeworth as your daddy!

Love,
Your Mama

1 comment: