Wednesday, August 8, 2012

32 weeks...



This week didn't start out the greatest.  My grandpa, your great-grandpa, had a stroke, and my brother, your uncle, moved all the way across an ocean to Maui!  Needless to say, with all of that happening in one day...yesterday was kind of a crappy day!!

However...onto more happy things!  I am 8 months pregnant.  I can't believe it!  Only 5 weeks until I'm full-term and my doctors would do nothing to stop labor.  This is all getting SO real.  I have baby on the brain 24/7 now.  Cribs, mattresses, car seat installation, car seat installation check at the fire department, packing my hospital bag, labor and delivery music play list, reading books about delivery, reading books about trying to get you on a sleep schedule, maternity photo shoot, baby shower, organizing your closet and dresser, ordering last minute things that I don't get for my shower, birth plans, weird physical changes in my body, and the list goes on and on.  Does it sound like your mother is anxious?  The answer is YES!  My sister, your aunt, keeps telling me..."As long as he has clothes and a boob he'll be okay for awhile!"  I think that's pretty good advice. 

I've been very emotional lately.  I think I cry about once a day now.  Your crib is at the store and ready to be picked up and I cried last night when I found out it wouldn't fit in our car.  Now I have to wait until next Tuesday to have it delivered.  

We've been taking birth classes at the hospital and last night we took a tour of labor and delivery.  It was so much fun.  I cannot believe that I am kinda actually looking forward to the whole labor and delivery aspect of birth.  I don't enjoy pain, but I think that this will be the kind of pain that is so rewarding knowing that my body can do something so incredible.  Also, I know that the outcome will make it all worth while.  The hospital that you will be born at in Berkeley is the 2nd largest delivery hospital in the state of CA.  They deliver over 8,000 babies a year.  More than 1/2 of their deliveries are non-medicated births and the birthing suites are really great!  The beds break down into birthing stools with squatting bars that can be attached.  They have showers with bath tubs in every room.  And since it's Berkeley, they are very supported of a mother's choice for non-medicated birth.  

The excitement, anticipation and anxiety is building.  I'm just trying to take it easy and relax as much as possible before you get here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment