Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A hodge podge of a day...



This morning we were out of stuff for breakfast so on our way to the train we grabbed something to eat at a place that's similar to LaBou. We kind of went all over the place today and did all kinds of things!

We started our morning off at the New
England Aquarium. We got to see penguins, a huge 600 lb turtle, jelly fish, etc. and I even touched a star fish and a sea anemone. We stayed dry for awhile in the aquarium and then decided to knock a few more things off of the Freedom Trail. Freedom Trail stop #13 was The Old North Church. This is the church where 2 lanterns were lit to let people know that the British were coming. Freedom Trail stop #14 was the Copp's Hill Burying Ground. This was the cemetery that most Bostonians were buried at during the time of the Revolution. Before lunch we walked back through Little Italy and stopped at Modern Pastry, which is supposed to be famous. We share a cannoli and a cappucino! It was amazing!!

We also visited the Museum of Fine Arts because tonight was free admission :) This is a very large museum, so we only saw part of it in the 2 1/2 hours that we were there. I'm always amazed when I go to an art museum. It's so crazy to see things that were painted by such famous people as Picasso, Monet, Renoir, Pollock, etc. It's also crazy to see things that were painted over 700 years ago. We also saw a drunk guy at the museum that was acting like he was going to touch the painting or sit on all of the VERY old furniture that was on display. He kept setting off the motion detectors that would beep when he got too close to the painting.

I am exhausted after going non-stop for the last 7 days. We've walked over 55 miles and we've seen over 40 of the things on our list. We have 6 days left to do another 25+ items. I'm excited to have another week to explore Boston.

Today's total mileage: 8 miles
Today's blessing: Getting to see a picture of my kids :) I've missed them!! Also getting to talk to my mom on the phone. I've missed her!!

2 comments:

  1. What, no bum quote of the day? Oh well! Glad to hear you're still having a great time! Love the pic of the museum! I'm really serious that you should make an art book of your Boston trip! The pictures have been amazing! It would be a cool coffee table book! Anyways, miss you! Hope to see you when you get back! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We actually didn't run into very many bums! None today either. I'm kinda bummed ;) Thanks! I think I'm going to make a book. Miss you too! I'll definitely see you soon!

    ReplyDelete