Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Rain Delay...



It rained on us all day! I woke up really grumpy because I didn't sleep that great last night. We took the train into Back Bay/Fenway this morning after breakfast to see the Christian Science Complex and the Isabella Stuart Garden Museum. Unfortunately, the rain kind of put our plans on delay until tomorrow. Instead we hopped on another train to a restaurant that Layton had been wanting to go to. It was called Boston Beer Works. It's right across the street from Fenway Park. It was really fun! After lunch we trekked back through the rain and hit up the Massachusetts State House on our way back home. We took a really cool tour of the place. It was great getting to see where their House of Representatives and their Senate meets. The architecture of it was absolutely amazing.

When we got home, Layton made me take a nap while he took some clothes to the laundromat...hoping that a nap would help with my grumpiness. It did!! I woke up refreshed and ready for the Red Sox game at Fenway Park. Thankfully the rain let up. We hopped on the train AGAIN along with about half of Boston's population. We looked like sardines all crammed into the subway car. It was fun. It's all part of the experience. The game was AWESOME! Of course I had to get lots of junk food-a Philly cheesesteak and peanuts :) Layton got ice cream too. The Red Sox fans are really fun. Of course we sang "Take me out to the ballgame." They also have a tradition that during the 8th inning they sing Neil Diamond's song "Sweet Caroline." That was so FUN! We did the
wave and booed at the other team. I turn into such a little kid when I'm at a baseball game. I'm ending my day no longer grumpy :)

Today's total mileage: 5.5
Today's bum quote: Well, it's not really a quote. But I did get KICKED by a bum on the subway today!!
Today's blessing: Wearing my new Red Sox hat, eating baseball junk food, laughing and enjoying a wonderful evening with my husband in America's oldest baseball field!!

No comments:

Post a Comment